NSACL is a province wide association of family members and others working for the benefit of persons of all ages who have an intellectual disability.
NSACL works strategically with other disability rights organizations and, in particular, with Nova Scotia People First.
- the valued recognition of people with intellectual disabilities as citizens who have contributions to make to families, communities and society.
- the valued recognition of families as gateways to inclusive community life for people with intellectual disabilities.
- the establishment and maintenance of social and economic supports so that people with intellectual disabilities are welcomed and valued as full and self-determining members of the community.
- a vision of society that is inclusive, respectful and supportive of the rights of all persons regardless of differences in intellectual or other abilities.
- the elimination of discrimination on the basis of disability, gender, age, culture, race, ancestry, sexual orientation and other differences.